Tuesday, June 16, 2009

orienteering at klein simonsvlei

Today's orienteering event at Klein Simonsvlei, outside Stellenbosch, was just as hard as last year, where I bailed half way through the race, but this time I decided to stick with it and finish. I'm trying really hard to think of something positive to say about my race, and the only thing that comes to mind is that the scenery was great!

My navigation has been terrible the last few events, and today was no exception. I have no concentration, I'm making really silly mistakes, and my legs were dead from the second control. It's a little disappointing at the moment, I'll have to get some map training sessions in somehow.

Anyway, on to the blunders, I went way past no 2, not sure what I was thinking, then I went from no 3 to no 6 all the way up the hill, when I got there I realised my mistake and went all the way down again. no 7 was tricky for everybody. I almost did a wrong turn going to no 9, and then I did a wrong turn leaving no 9, but recovered lower down the hill. I really battled to find no 11, and by this time I was so tired that I stopped for a bit and took some photos :-) I was way off leaving no 13, but recovered without too much loss. Going to no 17 I went up the wrong hill. And that's it... pretty much fluffed the entire course!







No comments: